From the creator of the popular website Ask a Manager and New York magazine’s work-advice columnist comes a witty, practical guide to navigating 200 difficult professional conversations—featuring all-new advice!
There’s a reason Alison Green has been called “the Dear Abby of the work world.” Ten years as a workplace-advice columnist have taught her that people avoid awkward conversations in the office because they simply don’t know what to say. Thankfully, Green does—and in this incredibly helpful book, she tackles the tough discussions you may need to have during your career. You’ll learn what to say when
• coworkers push their work on you—then take credit for it
• you accidentally trash-talk someone in an email then hit “reply all”
• you’re being micromanaged—or not being managed at all
• you catch a colleague in a lie
• your boss seems unhappy with your work
• your cubemate’s loud speakerphone is making you homicidal
• you got drunk at the holiday party
“Clear and concise in its advice and expansive in its scope, Ask a Manager is the book I wish I’d had in my desk drawer when I was starting out (or even, let’s be honest, fifteen years in).”—Sarah Knight, New York Times bestselling author of The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck
Ended on March 25th, 2018 at 11:59pm. Click here for rules.